If you’re looking to tone and sculpt your stomach, bum, and legs, you’ve come to the right place. While there are tons of articles online about how to get beach body ready, and yes, you probably came here because that’s what you’re trying to do… A lot of them complicate things.
If you need to get your body to goddess level (or at least shake a few of those wibbly bits), a simple workout can work wonders.
So this quick workout routine can help you tone up and sculpt your buns, core and legs in just a few weeks.
Before diving into the main workout, it’s important to warm up your muscles. This will help reduce the risk of injury and prepare your body for the exercises ahead. Here’s a simple warm-up routine you can follow:
- Jumping Jacks: Start by standing with your feet together and arms at your sides. Jump while spreading your legs and raising your hands above your head. Jump back to the starting position and repeat for 30 seconds.
- High Knees: Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Lift one knee towards your chest while hopping on the other leg. Alternate legs and continue for 30 seconds.
- Arm Circles: Extend your arms out to the sides and make small circles in a forward motion. After 15 seconds, switch to making circles in a backward motion for another 15 seconds.
- Hip Circles: Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Place your hands on your hips and make circles with your hips in a clockwise direction for 15 seconds, then switch to a counterclockwise direction for another 15 seconds.
Stomach Sculpting Workouts
- Plank: Start by getting into a push-up position, but rest your forearms on the ground instead of your hands. Keep your body in a straight line from head to toe and engage your core. Hold this position for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Mountain Climbers: Begin in a high plank position and bring one knee towards your chest, then quickly switch to the other knee. Continue alternating legs in a running motion for 30 seconds.
- Russian Twists: Sit on the ground with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Lean slightly back while keeping your back straight. Hold your hands together in front of your chest and twist your torso to the right, then to the left. Repeat for 30 seconds.
Bum Boosting Workouts
- Squats: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Lower your body by bending your knees and pushing your hips back as if you were sitting on a chair. Make sure to keep your knees aligned with your toes. Push through your heels to return to the starting position. Repeat for 10-15 repetitions.
- Glute Bridges: Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Push through your heels to lift your hips off the ground, squeezing your glutes at the top. Lower your hips back down and repeat for 12-15 repetitions.
- Lunges: Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Take a step forward with your right foot and lower your body until both knees are at a 90-degree angle. Push through your right heel to return to the starting position, then repeat with the left foot. Alternate legs and perform 10-12 lunges on each side.
Leg Toning Workouts
- Walking Lunges: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Take a step forward with your right foot and lower your body into a lunge position. Push through your right heel to step forward with your left foot and lower into another lunge. Continue walking forward while alternating legs for 10-12 lunges on each side.
- Calf Raises: Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Rise up onto the balls of your feet and squeeze your calf muscles at the top. Lower your heels back down and repeat for 15-20 repetitions.
- Step-ups: Find a step or bench that is knee-height. Step up onto the step with your right foot, pushing through your heel. Step back down and repeat with your left foot. Perform 12-15 step-ups on each side.
Cool Down and Stretching
After completing your bikini workouts, it’s important to cool down and stretch your muscles. This will help improve flexibility and aid in muscle recovery. Here’s a simple cool down routine you can follow:
- Walking or Slow Jogging: Take a few minutes to walk or slowly jog in place to lower your heart rate.
- Quad Stretch: Stand upright and bend your right knee, bringing your foot towards your glutes. Grab your right foot with your right hand and gently pull it closer to your body. Hold for 30 seconds and switch to the other leg.
- Hamstring Stretch: Sit on the ground with your legs extended in front of you. Reach towards your toes, hinging from your hips. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Child’s Pose: Kneel on the ground and sit back onto your heels. Lower your upper body towards the ground, extending your arms forward. Relax in this position for 1-2 minutes, focusing on deep breathing.
Rinse and Repeat…
Congratulations! You’ve just completed our basic bikini workouts. Remember to adjust the intensity and repetitions of these exercises based on your fitness level, and always listen to your body.
Consistency is key, so make sure to incorporate these workouts into your routine several times a week for optimal results.
Have fun, stay motivated, and get ready to rock that bikini with confidence!
Looking for a bikini? Check out our guide to bikinis for your body shape.